Monday, 9 November 2015
Studies on Dr.JRK’s 777 oil
The 1-3-2 treatment is designed to regulate the rate of proliferation and differentiation of the keratinocytes and also the other predisposing factors in the manifestation of psoriasis vis-à-vis the effect of circadian rhythm (day and night).
1 Single herb based Dr.JRK’s 777oil
3 Three herb based Psorolin oil
2 Two herb based Psorolin ointment and Psorolin Medicated bathing bar
1. 30 patients with chronic plaque psoriasis were taken up study for at king George hospital, Vishakhapatnam, to evaluate the efficacy of Dr.JRK’s 777 oil in the treatment of psoriasis for a period of 12 weeks. Four criteria- degree of scaling, plaque thickness, itching and erythema were taken up for assessment of the improvement. Patients were advised to apply the drug twice daily and assessed weekly.
8 patients had 100% improvement
4 patients had 75% improvement
18 patients had 50% improvement
2. Twenty confirmed cases of Non-specific dermatitis were treated with Dr.JRK’s 777 oil. All the cases were admitted during trail on psoriasis with this coded preparation. The patients were hospitalised during the entire course of treatment. Almost all the patients showed significant response within the treatment period of 6 weeks.
13 cases showed complete relief
5 cases showed marked relief
2 cases showed moderate relief within the treatment of 6 weeks
3. To compare the efficacy of Dr.JRK’s 777 oil and calcipotriol in the treatment of psoriasis as topical application. Group A:25 patients selected for a 12 week study(16 M and 9 F) with CPT on right side of the body and Dr.JRK’s 777 oil on left side of the body for 12 weeks study. Group B: 4 patients with CPT (right side) and coconut oil (left side). Group C: 6 patients with Dr.JRK’s 777 oil (right side) and coconut oil(left side).
PASI for CPT side – 5.4 to 41.4(19.5)
PASI for 777 oil side – 5.6 to 42.5(19.8)
AFTER TREATMENT: average decrease in value of PASI score
PASI for CPT side – 17.7(90.8%)
PASI for 777 oil side – 18.3 (91.1%)
4. 30 patients with chronic plaque psoriasis were taken for study at kilpauk medical college and hospital, Chennai to evaluate the efficacy of coded Dr.JRK’s 777 oil (Wrightia tinctoria) in the treatment of psoriasis for 8 weeks. Patients were advised to apply Dr.JRK’s 777 oil twice daily, patients were assessed weekly.
29.4 % patients showed 100% improvement
41.2 % patients showed 75% improvement
29.4% patients showed 50% improvement
5. 30 cases were taken for follow up study for a period of 6 months with Dr.JRK’s 777 oil treatment. Histopathological findings with periodic biopsy and photography before and after treatment was done. Grading of epidermal and inflammatory changes was noted.
After treatment with Dr.JRK’s 777 oil there was marked reduction in parakeratosis. Diminished heights of rete ridges. Reduction in the number of inflammatory cells. Out of 30 cases, 1 patient showed recurrence after 4 years. 18 patients showed recurrence after 3 years.
6 patients showed recurrence after 2 years. 5 patients showed recurrence after 1 year.
HaCaT cells were grown in Dulbecco’s modified Eagle's medium (DMEM) HaCaT Cells were seeded on 24 well tissue culture plate with 90% cell density and incubated overnight in Co2 and treated with Dr.JRK’s 777 oil and Psorolin ointment at Varying concentrations. The rate of cell viability was tested by MTT assay.
The rate of multiplication of the cells in treated versus untreated conditions was studied by MTT assay. Dr.JRK’s 777 oil at 2.8 mg/ml inhibits the growth and proliferation of HaCaT cells by 50% i.e IC50 is 2.8 mg/ml.